Wednesday 29 February 2012

I Have A Dream

Unfortunately my dream is nowhere near as lofty and as worthy as Mr. King's. Our man, Martin Luther dreamed that his four little children would one day live in a nation where they would not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.

And my dream? Well, it's that after a full day's trading, my P&L is exactly zero.

Er... what?

Yes, a little bizarre, I realise. Surely my dream should be a P&L of £50,000? I can't really explain it, but for some reason, I've often thought it would be kind of cool if I traded for a full day and after all the wins and losses, I ended up dead on £0.00p. I just think that would be excellent.

Admittedly I didn't trade a full day today - this evening, I only had three trades, trying my hand on some of the friendly internationals, but I came just about as close as I've ever come to my dream scenario.


Football: -£3.05 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  -£3.05 

 

Football Showing 1 - 3 of 3 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / England v Netherlands : Correct Score 29-Feb-12 20:00  29-Feb-12 21:52  50.65
Football / Wales v Costa Rica : Correct Score 29-Feb-12 19:45  29-Feb-12 21:42  -104.16
Football / Croatia v Sweden : Correct Score 29-Feb-12 19:30  29-Feb-12 21:24  50.46


Maybe next time... Maybe one day, my dream will happen.


____________________________________


Incidentally, there was nothing amusing about the horrible clash of heads during the England v Holland match between Huntelaar and Chris Smalling, and I sincerely hope they'll both be okay... but I couldn't help a small guilty giggle at seeing Huntelaar lying on the ground with a mouthful of grass. Couldn't quite work out how that had happened.



2 comments:

  1. Dutch man with grass in his mouth? Who'd have thought:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good point. I hadn't thought of that. You've just made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.