Tuesday 27 March 2012

Guaranteed Winning Betfair Strategies!

It's not too often that I bother to look at the stats page on my blog, but I couldn't help noticing that one of my most popular posts was that concerning tennis - which is something of a surprise considering this is essentially a football blog. However, this same post keeps getting regular hits day after day, week after week.

There can only be one reason for this regular traffic to this page; it's certainly not the content as anyone reading it will instantly know that I am something of a tennis trading novice, so it can only be down to the title of the post:


Top Tennis Tips


Hmm, I suppose this shows the importance of a good title as it can increase traffic considerably. This simple phrase is obviously being googled and my unassuming little blog is getting hits as a consequence.

This current post has nothing whatsoever to do with winning Betfair strategies, I should make that clear - but it will be interesting to see if the title makes it more popular than it deserves to be over the course of the next few weeks.

I suppose the worrying thing about all this is the type of searches that might be made that will result in my "Famous Genitals" post popping up in Google! The mind boggles. If this post should move up and start heading my top four, then I may have to remove it.

________________________________


My P&L for tonight and last night is undeniably pathetic but, as always, there is some interest behind the puny figures. I won this evening and lost last night, but funnily enough I was more pleased with last night's trading than I was this evening's.

Last night, after my normal trading of the Unders market, in the second-half, with Man Utd pressing, I assumed a second goal would be scored and so layed 0-0 for £60. This wasn't a standard lay however. My intention was to use £200 scalps when the risk was low to steadily lower my potential red as the game progressed, while leaving the full liability in-play during parts of the match where goalmouth action was taking place. My initial potential red was over £220 and I slowly worked this all the way down to £131.

I think this strategy works quite well, and there were several chances for me to have won my bet outright last night. Next time, I need to better match my liability with my red reduction stake so that by the end I will effectively have a scratched trade if no goal is scored. This is a decent low(ish) risk method of laying the current scoreline, with a decent upside.

BTW, the Bundesliga winner market on my P&L was part of a dutch that I did right at the start of the season (also did one on the EPL). Presumably some of it has now been settled as there are teams that cannot mathematically win anymore.

________________________________

Overall, I have to conclude that this month has been something of a disappointment. I started the month really well and thought I was going to be heading for a £2,000 month, but it soon turned a bit pear-shaped. I haven't had a losing month for seven months straight, and this month will also be profitable - but I can't help feeling rather disappointed by the way it's ending as it's all been a bit flat.

I'm going out on the piss tomorrow night so there will be no trading.


Football: £2.29 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £2.29 

 

Football Showing 1 - 5 of 5 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Sunderland v Everton : Correct Score 27-Mar-12 20:00  27-Mar-12 22:01  50.36
Football / APOEL v Real Madrid : Correct Score 27-Mar-12 19:45  27-Mar-12 21:38  49.62
Football / Bundesliga 1 : Winner 2011/12 05-Aug-11 19:30  27-Mar-12 17:05  4.59
Football / Man Utd v Fulham : Correct Score 26-Mar-12 20:00  26-Mar-12 21:56  -131.30
Football / Man Utd v Fulham : Over/Under 2.5 goals 26-Mar-12 20:00  26-Mar-12 21:54  29.02

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure from your post whether you are aware of this but I'll go ahead anyway; the large number of hits for Top Tennis Tips is probably down to people looking for actual tips on how to play tennis, rather than trading tennis. Will have to see how today's title fares, then we'll know more, though you can guarantee it'll probably get you more hits than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to do the experiment:

    "guaranteed winning strategies betfair" = number 1 on google

    "winning strategies betfair" - halfway down the first page on google.

    Eddie's blog strike rate = through the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I've recently discovered your posts and think they're great. But I feel like I'm missing something here.

    "...in the second-half, with Man Utd pressing, I assumed a second goal would be scored and so layed 0-0 for £60"

    You assumed a SECOND goal would be scored, so there was already a first. Why then would you lay 0-0 which has therefore gone? Is it a typo and you meant 1-0?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Yes, a simple typo. Of course I meant that I layed 1-0.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.