Wednesday 13 June 2012

You're Breaking Up, You're Breaking Up!



I'm not referring to my mental state, you'll be pleased to hear, but a growing confidence in my phone's internet connection, which has been absolutely splendid here in my hotel over the last couple of nights. Unfortunately and foolishly this has led me to inadvertently lower my caution levels when trading away from home.

The Under/Over loss below was just a straight trade that didn't work out. I've no quibbles with that as that's the deal on those kind of things, but the loss on the correct score was entirely avoidable as I lost my connection at a vital time. The screen froze for several minutes, and I just had to watch helplessly as Van Persie picked up the ball outside the box, run towards it and slot home with aplomb. Fucking Gooner bastard.

I did manage to reduce some of this loss down from £120 to £83, and so this has left me with an overall loss tonight of around £52. Not too bad when I consider how bad it could have been, but I'm now suitably chastened and won't be running the same kind of trades again when holed up in my hotel. I did actually know this already, but as mentioned before, sometimes I need to learn the same lesson more than once.

I probably won't get home tomorrow night for the first match 5:00pm (Italy v Croatia), but I am hoping to be back and ready to trade the 7:45pm game between Spain and Ireland.


Football: -£52.51 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  -£52.51

 

Football Showing 1 - 4 of 4 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Netherlands v Germany : Correct Score 13-Jun-12 19:45  13-Jun-12 21:48  -83.46
Football / Netherlands v Germany : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 13-Jun-12 19:45  13-Jun-12 21:45  7.26
Football / Netherlands v Germany : Over/Under 2.5 goals 13-Jun-12 19:45  13-Jun-12 21:16  -20.64
Football / Denmark v Portugal : Correct Score 13-Jun-12 17:00  13-Jun-12 18:53  44.33


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.