Saturday 29 September 2012

Suspend Monkey Is Tired

I'll try and report properly later, but it's half-time in the Man Utd v Spurs match, and when Spurs second goal went in I had the 3.5 market open.

The goal went in, I looked down at my screen... and the SUSPEND sign was not showing.

"What?"

I quickly laid Under 3.5 (I had £200 preset), and it was accepted. Huh? Another few seconds went by, and if I had been quicker I could have thrown another order into the market, but I couldn't really believe my eyes.

There must have been at least a ten second delay between Gareth Bale scoring and the SUSPEND appearing.

Don't even know if this market will be settled at full-time, but presently I'm £95 up due to the fella in the picture.

Let's wait and see...


____________________________________________

Update:
Well, I've been paid (see below), which I'm half-surprised about.

Had these comments on my first-half post:


Anonymous29 September 2012 18:56
Just have to hope your cancelled bet is on the right side with the result at 2-3 , Betfair are sadly a law unto themselves and usually cancel/void bets dependant on if the person complaining is one of their larger customers. 

Someone's already been told 

"o/u 1.5 and first half goals void, the rest on a case by case basis.

no blanket void as yet. "

They may consider leaving 3.5 market as only 2 goals had been scored and they'll consider there no no big advantage to the layers mid suspend. 

If this is true, and I've no reason to doubt it, then it does seem rather arbritrary. Although I'm happy with the "free" money, I don't think I would have been too disappointed had I not been paid. I suppose I would have to place myself in the position of those people who unfortunately had their money taken under circumstances where they would normally expect it to have been safe. Those people must be extremely unhappy right now.

Dean had this to say:

Dean29 September 2012 19:02
It makes a change for it to be a positive from the suspend monkey.

In the past I've had it when they don't un-suspend for ages and a goal goes in and wrecks your position, or they just keep suspending for nothing.

The most infuriating of all is when they change the score after a suspended only to change the bloody thing back about 10 seconds later, as the goal was disallowed, or they were mistaken, etc. 

Good luck and I hope it stands for you - it wasn't my money :)


As just mentioned, it's only positive if you were in a position like mine, where I was able to take advantage of the mistake. I'm only glad I wasn't on the other end.



Football: £164.72 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £164.72

 

Football Showing 1 - 10 of 10 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Man Utd v Tottenham : Correct Score 29-Sep-12 17:30  29-Sep-12 19:24  15.42
Football / Man Utd v Tottenham : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 29-Sep-12 17:30  29-Sep-12 18:43  96.31
Football / W Bremen v B Munich : Correct Score 29-Sep-12 14:30  29-Sep-12 16:23  -14.42
Football / Everton v Southampton : Over/Under 2.5 Goals 29-Sep-12 15:00  29-Sep-12 15:33  8.93
Football / Arsenal v Chelsea : Over/Under 4.5 Goals 29-Sep-12 12:45  29-Sep-12 14:42  2.07
Football / Arsenal v Chelsea : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 29-Sep-12 12:45  29-Sep-12 14:40  7.25
Football / Arsenal v Chelsea : Correct Score 29-Sep-12 12:45  29-Sep-12 14:40  27.49
Football / Arsenal v Chelsea : Match Odds 29-Sep-12 12:45  29-Sep-12 14:40  8.42
Football / Arsenal v Chelsea : Over/Under 2.5 Goals 29-Sep-12 12:45  29-Sep-12 13:58  13.25
Football / Quilmes v Belgrano : Match Odds 28-Sep-12 23:10  29-Sep-12 01:20  0.00

4 comments:

  1. Lol, they did the same in some game earlier in the year and cancelled those bets that went in after the goal and suspend. I wouldn't count that £95 just yet , you may find it's a different colour if a few more goals go in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was so bad that I am assuming it will cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to hope your cancelled bet is on the right side with the result at 2-3 , Betfair are sadly a law unto themselves and usually cancel/void bets dependant on if the person complaining is one of their larger customers.

    Someone's already been told

    "o/u 1.5 and first half goals void, the rest on a case by case basis.

    no blanket void as yet. "

    They may consider leaving 3.5 market as only 2 goals had been scored and they'll consider there no no big advantage to the layers mid suspend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes a change for it to be a positive from the suspend monkey.

    In the past I've had it when they don't un-suspend for ages and a goal goes in and wrecks your position, or they just keep suspending for nothing.

    The most infuriating of all is when they change the score after a suspended only to change the bloody thing back about 10 seconds later, as the goal was disallowed, or they were mistaken, etc.

    Good luck and I hope it stands for you - it wasn't my money :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.